and assembled a model with his sister Emily’s assistance.
After many hours of research and work . . . Ta da! A bristly beauty!
Matthew’s porcupine was ingeniously assembled with:
1. Styrofoam balls for the head and body
2. A large pine cone tail
3. Pipe cleaners for the hairs
4. Skewers for the body quills
5. Toothpicks for the face quills
6. A big button for the nose
7. Paper towel rolls for the legs
8. Styrofoam for the paws
9. A googly eye
Matthew also built a terrific tri-fold with photos, facts, and an author biography!
And here is his grade. Congratulations, Matthew!
Thank you Valeska, for these photos and for allowing me to post your son’s inspiring work! Judith
Leave a Reply